Serious Defense for Serious Matters.
We have experience representing companies in all types of environmental and toxic tort issues relating to litigation, transactional matters, compliance and permitting. Our practice includes seasoned litigators and trial lawyers who have brought cases before administrative bodies and trial and appellate courts. We are experienced in cases involving:
- CERCLA: The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (also known as Superfund)
- Chemical sensitivity and exposure claims in a workplace or residential setting
- Clean Water Act
- Ground water pollution, sedimentation and runoff claims
- Indoor air quality, mold and “sick building” claims
- Injuries arising from catastrophic events, such as fires, explosions and pipeline ruptures
- Lead paint exposure
- Pesticides and chemical exposures
Governmental and private-party actions, citizens’ suits, and claims for property damage or personal injury arising from industrial emissions or environmental contamination are defended in court or before administrative bodies. Our firm is available to serve as national or local coordinating counsel to conduct legal and factual research projects, manage expert investigations, coordinate discovery and design computerized litigation databases.
(Every case is different and depends on its own unique facts. Results may vary.)
Lead defense counsel in a six-week environmental trial in which 75 plaintiffs sought $225 million for injuries arising from contaminated water from a private water system. The trial resulted in a complete defense verdict.
Lead counsel for Potentially Responsible Parties (PRP) at major Superfund sites throughout the U.S.
Lead defense counsel for a world-wide manufacturer of spray foam insulation in an alleged formaldehyde and isocyanate exposure case.