We know the construction industry inside and out.
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of the construction business. This understanding includes projects of varied sizes, type and complexity. Working in this industry for more than 30 years, we understand the unique challenges parties involved in a project face and what can go wrong when any part of a project is not properly managed. Proficient in handling many types of construction disputes, we approach all matters with focus on achieving practical, creative and cost-effective solutions. We routinely defend architects, engineers, builders, contractors, subcontractors, property owners and product manufacturers in a variety of construction defect, negligence and professional malpractice lawsuits.
On the transactional side of our practice, our construction and real estate lawyers have extensive experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements in all aspects of the industry.
Our services involve, but are not limited to:
- Defense against claims of malpractice, errors and omissions and negligence
- Defense against claims of alleged construction defects
- Bid and delay claims
- Materials failures
- Risk prevention and loss management
- Mediation and arbitration
- Lien filing, perfecting and litigation associated with lienholder rights
- Writing proposals, review, drafting and negotiating contracts including the master plan
- Negotiate change orders, claims for extensions of project schedules, claims for extended general conditions
- Litigation to recoup design fees, lost profit and other expenses due to breach of contract
- Business and employment issues
- Construction site injuries
- Title issues
(Every case is different and depends on its own unique facts. Results may vary.)
Obtained a defense verdict in favor of general contractor in week-long federal jury trial over alleged copyright infringement and reverse passing off of building plans brought by a competing contractor.
National coordinating counsel for over 300 construction defect suits arising out of the manufacturing and sale synthetic stucco (EIFS).
Obtained verdict for concrete subcontractor in one-week bench trial against general contractor for unpaid services for two multi-residential developments.
Obtained a $4.5 million award for highway contractor in trial against State Department of Transportation on bridge project contract claim for project time and cost overruns and a $6.5 million award for project design and delay claims on a highway project.
“When selecting defense counsel for our insureds in the Triangle area, Ragsdale Liggett is the first firm I turn to. They are able to take on and effectively litigate complex cases. They leverage their knowledge and experience to achieve the best possible result for our insureds.”Client comment to Best Law Firms