We understand the rules.
We have a long history of representing insurance industry clients in mergers and acquisitions, licensing, form filings, compliance and other insurance regulatory matters. For decades, we have represented insurance companies, agencies, agents, brokers, risk retention groups and reinsurance intermediaries in all aspects of their business. We are counsel to the North Carolina Surplus Lines Association and were instrumental in the implementation of the North Carolina Stamping Office. We take pride in the relationships and reputation we have built with our state insurance regulators. Insurance regulatory law is complicated and experience is important. We have it.
What we do:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Insurance company formation
- Holding company compliance and regulatory filings
- Form filings
- Regulatory compliance counseling
- Enforcement and compliance matters
- Assist with market conduct exams
- Contested case hearings before the North Carolina Department of Insurance
- Excess and surplus lines
- Insurance agency representation
- Insurance agent representation
- Representation in matters before the North Carolina Department of Insurance
- Insurance litigation and arbitration