Solutions to keep you on course.
In an industry laden with liability and unique circumstances, you need creative, pragmatic solutions-based legal advice. A lawyer with a deep understanding of equine and business law, Dottie Burch doesn’t just understand horses, she is a long time equestrian with a thorough and direct knowledge of horse related legal issues. With her significant experience as a practitioner in business, insurance and real property law areas, Dottie gives you a distinct advantage in the horse arena. Whether assisting with risk assessment and management issues, property and transactions, starting your business or resolving claims and disputes, Dottie delivers clever, clean and practical solutions for her clients.
Who we help:
- Individual horse owners, breeders, riders, lessees and more
- Professional riders, trainers, stables, landlords and service providers
Areas of representation:
- Contracts – drafts and negotiation (such as purchase, sale and lease agreements, boarding agreements, liability waivers and releases)
- Contract disputes
- Liability issues/risk management
- Real estate transactions including purchase, lease, land use & zoning
- Equine business formations
- Review and advise on equine insurance policies and litigate disputes of coverage if needed
- Insured and uninsured liability defense
- Mediate disputes
- Litigate and resolve claims of personal injury, contract breach, property damage, fraud, negligence and other issues
“We have worked with Dottie Burch at Ragsdale Liggett for several years through design and completion of our Equestrian Center in Clayton, NC. Dottie assisted and guided us through the entire process giving us expert advice to keep us all safer!”Client comment to Best Law Firms