John is a senior litigator with more than 25 years of trial experience. His practice is focused on civil litigation and insurance defense, particularly construction, transportation and product liability. He has tried over 75 jury trials to verdict over his career.
John defends architects, engineers and other design professionals against professional negligence claims. His transportation law practice is concentrated on the defense of trucking companies.
John prides himself on being a lawyer who practices ethically and responsibly, with a relentless focus on what is best for his clients.
John is a frequent speaker to design professionals. Recent events include:
– February, 2015, ACI National Forum on Construction Claims and Litigation, NYC
– January, 2015, S&ME Annual Technical Conference – Professional Liability
– January, 2015, North Carolina Trucking Association, panel – Best Practices
– October, 2014, ACEC of NC – Indeminity
– September, 2014 CDCMA, San Diego – New ISO AI Forms
– August, 2014 – NC Bar – AIA/Design Professionals Liaison Committee:
Additional Insureds: The Newest ISO Forms
– June, 2014 – Raleigh Geotechnical Group – Standard of Care and Guildelines
on Professional Conduct
– February, 2014 – North Carolina Engineering Law Seminar – Complying with
Rules and Guidelines on Professional Conduct
– January, 2014 –S&ME 2014 Technical Conference – Professional Liability –
How Engineers Can Avoid Risks
Previous Legal Experience
Stott, Hollowell, Palmer & Windham, Gastonia, NC, Partner, 1992-1999