Our Long-Term Care Litigation Department is chaired by Lee Evans. Successful litigation of claims involving nursing homes and long-care institutions requires unique experience and expertise. Evans represents a variety of facilities in North Carolina including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and group homes. He counsels clients throughout the entire litigation process, from an initial investigation through trial and arbitration and is committed to bring claims to effective and quick resolution whenever possible, but also aggressively defends client interests at trial when necessary.
– Wrongful death and personal injury claims
– Claims of alleged mistreatment or abuse
– Premises liability and negligent security issues
– Privacy issues including access to patient records and data security
– Workers’ compensation claims – Regulatory compliance
The department offers risk management services in the form of ongoing facility evaluations as well as staff and documentation practices.
– Pre-suit counseling
– Employee training; internal policies and procedures regulatory compliance – Workforce management issues including hiring practices and classification of employees